December 25, 2014

Top Ten of 2014: Contemporary YA

To those who celebrate, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Blessings to you and yours at this crazy, but beautiful, time of year.


In no particular order, here are my favourite Contemporary Young Adult books I've read this year. . .
  1. Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross (Kind of Friday Night Lights-ish, except with baseball. Coach's daughter falling for the new star player)
  2. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley (This book made my feminist self seethe with how the cadets treated the first females at the school, but it was also SO GOOD)
  3. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (What is there to say?! Sheer perfection, artistic beauty. Must read!!!)
  4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (Long awaited, highly anticipated, and well worth the wait. Lived up to every dream I had for it)
  5. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally (Miranda has never disappointed me. Her books are complete must-reads for contemp fans. Smart and romantic)
  6. Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler (I am such a glutton for Hollywood YA type stories, and this one is superb)
  7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (Morgan's books are MUST READS. An absolutely charming book about friendship, romance, and family)
  8. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (What if Taylor Swift was your BFF and you fell in love with her opening act while on tour with her for the summer? That's practically what this book is. EPIC)
  9. Something Real by Heather Demetrios (Chloe has grown up as part of a family reality show, so all she longs for is anonymity. This one has a slow burn romance, complicated family dynamics, and a "unputdownable" quality to it)
  10. After the Storm by Marie Landry (More people need to read this author because she is fabulous. Emotional and swoony)

If you'd like even further recommendations, be sure to check out my Contemporary YA Recs Shelf on Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about Isla- it met and then surpassed expectation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...