June 8, 2011

Future Reads (7)


Future Reads is a feature on Book Labyrinth where I sporadically post about books coming out in the near (or not so near!) future and explain why I want to read them. This feature is inspired by memes and features like Waiting on Wednesday and Books to Pine For. I hope you'll discover something you want to read as well! (All title links will take you to Goodreads.)

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Release Date:
July 12, 2011

I mean, just look at the title. How cool does that sound? Amy is a reluctant witch ranch-sitting for her sister. Ghosts, bodies discovered, AND a hot cowboy.





The Girl Is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines
Release Date:
July 19, 2011

So, this book is described as a "YA novel for fans of Veronica Mars." Me? Sold! Plus it's a historical novel, set during WWII. A teen girl helping out at her Dad's detective agency. And there's a boy! And dancing!



Lie by Caroline Bock
Release Date:
August 30, 2011

This one is a more serious read, about a town torn apart by a hate crime. Skylar has to deal with whether to testify against her boyfriend as well as figure out why she would be with him in the first place.




Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
Release Date:
September 6, 2011

The series is called "Medusa Girls": do you really need more than that? But seriously, TLC writes some very fun mythology based books, and I'm sure this one will be great.






Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
Release Date:
October 18, 2011

I've actually read this one already through GalleyGrab, but I wanted to spotlight it before its October release. It's good, you guys! Music, forbidden romance, addiction, & an overbearing mother. Are you intrigued yet?




I hope you've enjoyed these future reads! What not yet released books are you looking forward to?

6 comments:

  1. Great books! I can't wait to read Lie and Texas Gothic. Oh and this is the first I have heard about The Girl Is Murder. I will have to add it to my TBR list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for Sweet Venom! I'm on such a mythology kick at the moment, I love that we're getting more and more stories that have it as a premise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY looking forward to Hourglass by Myra McEntire... I read the description and am hooked already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley,

    I have chosen your blog as a recipient of The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award! You can see the details here: http://readthisinstead.blogspot.com/2011/06/for-me-really.html

    (Sorry if yours is a no-award blog, or you've gotten this one already. I just wanted to give a shout out to your blog!)

    kathy from Read This Instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've featured some great novels that I'm also looking forward to like Sweet Venom and Texas Gothic. It's my first time hearing about This Girl is Murder but it sounds really great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here! Pretty much any book described as being similar to Veronica Mars will have me interested in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...