February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (9)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers feature upcoming book releases that they're looking forward to.

This week I'm eagerly anticipating...


Dark Triumph
by Robin LaFevers


Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Release Date: April 2, 2013

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dungeons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.


Add it on Goodreads.

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for this next installment featuring assassin nuns!!

12 comments:

  1. Holy cow, yes!! I can't wait for this one! I've already begged the publisher but doubt I'll get it. *sigh* I can wait. I CAN! I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read this one and I completely adored it. Such a great follow up to Grave Mercy. Fabulous WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I wasn't that big of a fan of Grave Mercy this one sounds good enough to forget that fact. Can't wait to read Sybella's story!

    Here's My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Grave Mercy (it's on my shelf though!) it looks so good! Awesome pick, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for this one-I think it will be even better than Grave Mercy because Beast, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beastttt... Avery guessed forever ago that it would involve him, and I'm so glad.

      Delete
  7. I......still haven't read Grave Mercy. *hangs head* But it's because I'm worried it won't live up to all the hype. That's totally a valid reason. Right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is a valid reason, I agree, but you should still get on with it... ;)

      Delete
  8. I haven't had the chance to read Grave Mercy but I'm really looking forward to reading both. I hope you enjoy reading this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...