December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (4)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers feature upcoming book releases that they're looking forward to.

This week I'm eagerly anticipating...


Nobody But Us
by Kristin Halbrook


Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: January 29, 2013

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Bonnie and Clyde meets IF I STAY in this addictively heart-wrenching story of two desperate teenagers on the run from their pasts.

They’re young. They’re in love. They’re on the run.

Zoe wants to save Will as much as Will wants to save Zoe. When Will turns eighteen, they decide to run away together. But they never expected their escape to be so fraught with danger....

When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can’t run fast enough.

Nobody But Us, told in alternating perspectives from Will and Zoe, is an unflinching novel, in turns heartbreaking and hopeful, about survival, choices, and love...and how having love doesn’t always mean that you get a happy ending. Described as “beautiful, heartbreaking, and exhilarating” by Kody Keplinger, author of The DUFF, Nobody But Us will prove irresistible to fans of Nina Lacour, Jenny Han, and Sara Zarr.


Add it on Goodreads.

This one just sounds so intense! The cover is what drew me in, but the synopsis really cemented it being on my TBR list. I love books that are both heartbreaking and hopeful. And bonus, this one is a 2013 debut!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, interesting -- a YA Bonnie and Clyde. Wonder if it has the same ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite curious about that as well. I'm thinking it's not going to be such a HEA...

      Delete
  2. This one does sound intense! I love the Bonnie and Clyde feel and of course the cover! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh ... yes! This one does look really good! You're right -- it does sound intense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole Bonnie and Clyde spin might be interesting, I'm waiting for the first reviews to start rolling out though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, that's why I haven't requested it. It sounds fab, but I will wait for more reviews or for it to be at my library before I check it out, just because I have SO MANY books to read right now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...