December 23, 2013

Top 10 of 2013: Best Books of 2013

Best Books I’ve Read in 2013
(Published at any time, read in 2013)

In no particular order. . .

TOP 10 YOUNG ADULT
  1. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (The characters, the world building... these books are flawless)
  2. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (THIS is the way to end a trilogy)
  3. All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (Epic and exciting!)
  4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (This book just spoke to my heart)
  5. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales (So powerful and gorgeous! A must-read for music lovers)
  6. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Another amazing fantasy novel with great characters, steamy romance, and jaw dropping moments)
  7. Shadows by Paula Weston (An Aussie angel book that had me salivating for Book 2)
  8. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (I love the characters in this novel, and how this 2nd novel in the series kept things fresh)
  9. Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood (Not one touch of a second book syndrome here, either. And talk about a killer ending!!)
  10. Cress by Marissa Meyer (These books keep getting better and better, I swear)

TOP 10 ADULT
  1. The Duchess War by Courtney Milan (I capped the Courtney Milan titles on this list at 1, but I easily could have added Unraveled, among others)
  2. Cinderella Screwed Me Over by Cindi Madsen (So funny and so charming. Loved everything about it!)
  3. Trophy Husband by Lauren Blakely (Smart, funny, and swoony -- a perfect romance)
  4. Tangled by Emma Chase (I've never read a romance written entirely from the male POV, and this one was brilliant. Really dirty, but brilliant)
  5. Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas (I loved how epic this book felt! A story spanning adolescence to adulthood, and I loved where it ended up)
  6. Shadow Fever by Karen Marie Moning (A freaking amazing ending to a dark, but fabulous, series)
  7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (So, so charming and relatable)
  8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (This book emotionally drained me like nothing else, but it was gorgeous and honest and amazing, too)
  9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer (This is one of those "it could be YA, it sort of fits into NA now, but it was released as adult" titles. Either way, I finally read this one and I actually thought it was amazing)
  10. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson (This could also fit as YA because of the younger heroine. It's a clean historical romance that proves you don't need graphic scenes to present a completely swoony romance)

2 comments:

  1. Great books all around!!! :D
    I'm glad you had a good reading year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, so awesome to see The Host on your list! *claps gleefully* Now, if only the next in the series would ever get published...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...