July 12, 2011

Top Ten Authors I Would DIE to meet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by
The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Authors I Would DIE to meet

1. J.K. Rowling: Um, yah, it’s J.K. Rowling. Who wouldn’t want to pick her mind? She’s clearly a genius.

2. Justina Chen Headley: ‘North of Beautiful’ is one of my favourite books ever, so I’d love to chat about the themes in that book. Maybe we could go geocaching!

3. Meg Cabot: Meg is one of only a few authors who I read in high school that I still read now. According to Goodreads I’ve read 44 of her books, and I own basically all of those. Meg is still the Queen of YA and she seems like such a fun, cool person.

4. Melina Marchetta: ‘Jellicoe Road’ = one of favourite books of all-time. Every book I’ve read by her is just inspiring, amazing, beyond description. So with that in mind? You gotta think an awesome conversation could arise.

5. Melissa Walker: Melissa seems ultra cool. She’s all fashion-y and smart and she writes some pretty incredible books. I would definitely want her to be my tour guide around Brooklyn.

6. Richelle Mead: Richelle is a new favourite author of mine. I was totally behind the times on the VA books (don’t judge books by their covers, everyone… although I still totally do), but they’re definitely one of my favourite series now.

7. Robin Jones Gunn: RJG is a Christian author and when I was growing up, her Christy Miller series was one of my favourites. I still re-read her tween series, and I loved how she brought the characters into college as well. Robin just seems like such a lovely woman.

8. Sarah Dessen: Sarah Dessen is one of my favourite authors ever. Contemporary YA is what I’ve been a fan of the longest, and when I discovered her books I was in awe. Her books are stunning… they’re so simple and fun, but they have that absolute depth to them as well. Plus Sarah as a person? We could totally talk ‘Friday Night Lights’ and ‘Gilmore Girls’ and all kinds of other awesome TV.

9. Stephanie Perkins: Stephanie was a librarian. She has ultra cool hair. She nerds out over stuff. She created Anna freaking Oliphant and Etienne St. Clair, YA crush extraordinaire. Can we be friends now please?

10. Suzanne Collins: So, she wrote that little book called 'The Hunger Games'. You probably haven’t heard of it. ;) Suzanne is all brilliant, making social commentary cool for teens (and people of all ages!) to read about. I would love to talk about all the political issues that make up the trilogy, as well as dish on what she’s working on next.

So, which authors are you dying to meet? Let me know in the comments, or link to your post and I'll come check it out.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I would kill to meet a few of your chosen authors too. Jellicoe Road is next on my TBR list. I'm so excited. I've heard nothing but good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I haven't read a bunch of those authors (including Suzanne Collins, I know, I suck) but I love Justina Chen Headley. Great choice!

    Here's my top ten: http://bit.ly/nMQa3k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to meet Melina Marchetta...I think I have to save up a few my frequent flier miles to get to Australia though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JK Rowling would be incredible to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list Ashley! I think Meg Cabot seems like a lot of fun. Would love to meet Richelle Mead and Suzanne Collins too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, awesome list! So many of those would make mine if I were to write one as well. Who wouldn't want to meet Queen Rowling?!

    Also - I think I forgot to tell you but I got the book :) *squeals* Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hunger games? What's that? Okay kidding. It would be super awesome to meet Suzanne Collins.

    Fab list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! A lot of my top picks are on here too. I'd love to meet Suzanne Collins and Stephanie Perkins. I LOVE their books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list! Melina Marchetta, Stephanie Perkins and Richelle Mead would be awesome to meet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...