February 17, 2012

The Crimson Crown

A few days ago Cinda Williams Chima released the cover and blurb for The Crimson Crown. The Seven Realms series has quickly become one of my favourites, so needless to say I was jumping up and down in excitement after seeing this information. I can't wait for the book to come out!!

(You can also click here for a large version of the cover)
A thousand years ago, two young lovers were betrayed— Alger Waterlow to his death, and Hanalea, Queen of the Fells, to a life without love.


Now, once again, the queendom of the Fells seems likely to shatter apart. For young queen Raisa ana’Marianna, maintaining peace even within her own castle walls is nearly impossible. Tension between wizards and Clan has reached a fevered pitch. With surrounding kingdoms seeking to prey on the Fells’ inner turmoil, Raisa’s best hope is to unite her people against a common enemy. But that enemy might be the person with whom she’s falling in love.


Navigating the cutthroat world of blueblood politics has never been more dangerous, and former streetlord Han Alister seems to inspire hostility among Clan and wizards alike. His only ally is the queen, and despite the perils involved, Han finds it impossible to ignore his feelings for Raisa. Before long, Han finds himself in possession of a secret believed to be lost to history, a discovery powerful enough to unite the people of the Fells. But will the secret die with him before he can use it?


A simple, devastating truth concealed by a thousand-year-old lie at last comes to light in this stunning conclusion to the Seven Realms series.
The Crimson Crown will be released in Fall 2012.

4 comments:

  1. This is a series I really want to get too! I just feel like there are so many series out there I want to read but haven't had time to pick up and then each month it just gets worse because so many amazing new books release. I will get to these one day soon though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I've heard so much about this series and it's on my list but *gah* I need about three more hours a day that are dedicated to only reading. Get on that, will you? I love the red. What a pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet but lately I've been on a fantasy kick so will have to add this to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really have to start this series soon--so many people rave about it! All the covers are super appealing, I like that they're so different from all the other YA covers out there.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...