October 21, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (12)

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where bloggers can share the latest books they've received and discover new titles while visiting other blogs.


It's been a while since I did a STS post, mostly because of being on vacation, and also because of being lazy. ;) So here's what I can remember receiving over the past month or so...

Bought:

(Sorry this is massively blurry; I already had the books put away when I looked at the pic, and well... see above re: lazy)

- The Girl of Fire & Thorns (#1) by Rae Carson (My Review)
- The Crown of Embers (#2) by Rae Carson
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (My Review)
- Amplified by Tara Kelly (My Review)
- Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols (My Review)
- Soulbound by Heather Brewer

- Simply Irresistible by Jill Shavis
- Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Taherah Mafi
- Decked With Holly by Marni Bates (My Review)
- Losing It by Cora Carmack (My Review)

Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle
1) Darkhouse
2) Red Fox
2.5) The Benson
3) Dead Sky Morning
4) Lying Season
5) On Demon Wings
5.5) Old Blood
5.7) The Dex Files

These were all free or 99 cents on Kindle, and I scooped them up based on Kristilyn's recommendation. I ended up reading them all super quickly, and I have to agree that they are pretty fab (they keep getting better, too!). Check here to see if they're still on sale.

- Major Crush by Jennifer Echols
- Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (My Review)
- The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols
- Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
- Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard
- Hell Week (Maggie Quinn #2) by Rosemary Clement-Moore
- Highway to Hell (Maggie Quinn #3) by Rosemary Clement-Moore
- Deception by Lee Nichols
- When It Happens by Susane Colasanti
- What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
- Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsay Leavitt (My Review)
- Abandon by Meg Cabot (My Review)

Bought these all for $9 total, at my library's annual book sale. (!!)

Borrowed from Avery:

- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna

Gifted:

- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (My Review)

Thank you SO MUCH to Chandra for going above & beyond and getting me a signed copy of this amazing book!

Won from Zahida:


- Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez (My Review)

I loved this book, so I'm happy to finally have a copy of my own. Thanks again, Zahida! =)





For Review:


Massive thanks to Hachette Book Group Canada:
- The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
- The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan
- What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton (My Review)
- The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4) by Cinda Williams Chima
- Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (My Review)


Thanks to Raincoast Books & Tor Teen:

- Breaking Point (Article 5 #2) by Kristen Simmons







14 comments:

  1. Wow! Great stuff. Girl of Fire and Thorns AND Throne of Glass -- two of my recent favs. Loved The Diviners too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So many awesome books, Ashley!! I'm soooo happy that you loved the Experiment in Terror series! I am ALWAYS here to encourage people to buy books. :)

    I've heard great things about What Happens Next! I wasn't a huge fan of The Casual Vacancy (it was a DNF for me), but I do look forward to seeing what you thought of it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely curious about Casual Vacancy... I haven't been brave enough to pick it up yet! I have a feeling I'll either love it or hate it. :S

      Delete
  3. WOW! That's a lot of books! I would have to say my favorites out of that haul would the Girl of Fire and Thorns books! They're so awesome and I'm just itching for the third book! Awesome books this week :) Check out my STS:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a post! I know it's been a month but...still :) I will have to check out the Experiment in Terror series to see if they are still free/cheap. Also I'll have to read the summary for Decked With Holly. I'm looking for a good Christmas book for upcoming reads! Oh also, so jealous of your library sale. Have fun reading all those books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decked With Holly was so cute and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it's weird how it actually wasn't that Christmas-y of a book, considering the cover.

      Delete
  5. WOW!I LOVED The Raven Boys too! So jealous you have a signed copy. And you have Breaking Point!!!! EEP! I'm so excited for that sequel! I hope you enjoy all of these amazing books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breaking Point was FAB! Hope you'll get an early copy of it. =)

      Delete
  6. Holy moly you're going to be busy! I hope you enjoy Crown of Embers! I can't wait to read that one!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Crown of Embers when I was in Florida and I LOVED it.

      Delete
  7. I got Abandon at a library sale too! Also, The Lost Girl looks really cool — and I've heard so many good things about Throne of Glass. Hope you enjoy all those books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lost Girl was really interesting! I'm so surprised that there hasn't been more buzz about it.

      Delete
  8. What a fantastic book haul!! I can't wait to read to my copy of Throne of Glass. Sounds like a really epic new world of adventures. And Such a Rush is also on my wishlist. Enjoy your new books :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...