November 8, 2013

A Little Too Much by Lisa DesRochers

A Little Too Much by Lisa DesRochers
Release Date: November 12, 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Impulse
Pages: 416
Series: A Little Too...
#2
Review Source: Edelweiss

Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
In the follow-up to Lisa Desrochers’ explosive New Adult novel
A Little too Far, Alessandro Moretti must face the life he escaped and the girl he loved and left behind.

Twenty-two year old Hilary McIntyre would like nothing more than to forget her past. As a teenager abandoned to the system, she faced some pretty dark times. But now that’s all behind her. Hilary has her life on track, and there’s no way she’ll head back down that road again.

Until Alessandro Moretti—the one person who can make her remember—shows up on her doorstep. He’s even more devastatingly gorgeous than before, and he’s much too close for comfort. Worse, he sees right through the walls she’s built over these last eight years, right into her heart and the secrets she’s guarding.

As Hilary finds herself falling back into love with the man who, as a boy both saved and destroyed her, she must decide. Past or future? Truth or lies?
My Thoughts:
This review contains spoilers for A Little Too Far, so if you want to keep that book a total secret, don’t read on! But be sure to check out my review of the first book.

A Little Too Much is only the second book I've read from Lisa DesRochers, but I already know that I can count on her to write characters and situations that impact me emotionally. The tough past of these main characters seemed real. They had a shared history, being surrounded by a bad situation, and you could really see the effect that had on both main characters.

I loved reading about Hilary in the New York theatre world. I also loved seeing Alessandro again, this time dealing with his decision to leave the church. I loved the scenes with Hilary and Alessandro together getting to know New York City and rediscovering each other. While I guessed Hilary’s big secret right from the beginning it was still an emotional journey to see her admit it on the page and see her deal with it, which I think was kind of the point. You can figure out what happened, but you’re waiting to see the exact specifics, when it will actually be addressed, and what the repercussions will be.

While I didn't love this second book in the series *quite* as much as A Little Too Far (equaling that would be tough, because I completely adored it), I still really enjoyed it and I devoured it almost as quickly. Lisa DesRochers has such an easy writing style that envelops you in the story, making you a part of the characters and their world. If you’re looking for New Adult books which have that sexy romance that you might expect from the category, but are also looking for well developed characters with true emotional impact, and a life outside of their romantic partner, then be sure to check out this series.

The Cover:
The only thing I don't like about these books are the covers.

Rating:
[4/5]

Purchase Links:
Amazon.ca | Amazon.com | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...