Kissing Eden by T.A. Foster
Release Date: March 6, 2014
Review Source: eARC from Inkslinger PR
Synopsis: (from Goodreads)My Thoughts:
Have you ever thought of taking a vacation alone? I mean step on a plane, check into your hotel, and lie on the beach completely and utterly alone. No? Me either, but then right before senior spring break I got dumped.
Something about break ups makes you do things you didn’t want to do, and try things you didn’t know you were capable of.
That’s how I ended up at the Palm Palace.
That’s how I met Grey.
That’s how my spring break turned into the most unforgettable week of my life.
Eden’s spring break starts off on all the wrong notes, and I found it easy to put myself in her shoes and really feel for her. I thought she handled the situations she was put in with incredible grace, considering everything going wrong. Personally I would have freaked out way more, so I could tell from the beginning that Eden was strong and unflappable. As the book goes on you learn how smart and hardworking she is. I really admired how Eden was willing to take her vacation time and use it to help someone else.
Grey is interesting as a love interest because he sends a lot of mixed signals and he's kind of a jerk in a few moments. However, in his better moments? Definite potential. I would have liked to have seen a more gradual change in him, with more time at the end to see his good side. However, with him changing and learning from his mistakes, I could really see him and Eden being good together.
There are so many aspects of this book I liked. The small Texas island setting was great, and I liked the secondary characters, the locals that Eden meets. I also enjoyed Eden's business smarts and seeing the way she thinks about things. There were also models of positive female friendship, which is always a good thing. On the negative side, the romance was pretty fast moving, considering Eden just jumped out of another relationship. It felt especially quick because in one minute Eden is upset about the end of the relationship, wondering what went wrong, but then as soon as she sees how her ex is acting she acts differently. She starts to remember how bad everything was in their relationship, and how the relationship was over before it was officially over. It felt a bit like revisionist history.
In many ways Kissing Eden
was a beginning. Readers are left hanging to make their own conclusions about where Grey and Eden end up and how they find a way to be together. You can infer that there will be a Happily Ever After, but we’re left guessing as to the details. I don’t see this as a bad thing, necessarily, but if you like books where everything is all wrapped up you might be a bit unsatisfied.
Overall? Kissing Eden
is a New Adult book that’s short, fun, and sweet.
| Barnes & Noble
Top 10 Things to Try Over Spring Break
Whether you’re still in spring break mode, with that special week marked off your calendar and the perfectly calculated countdown app ticking away on your phone, or not—we could all use a little spring break fun. Eden had more than her share on her trip to South Padre, Texas. She sheds a little insight on her top ten spring break to-dos whether you are booked for a staycation or a vacation.
- Dance—crank up the tunes and shake it. In your car, in the kitchen, or out on the dance floor. I promise you will have a smile on your face when you’re done.
- Get a massage—we all need this and too many times we neglect our personal TLC. If you’re on vacation, check with your hotel, but if you’re home make an appointment for yourself pronto!
- Try a new cocktail recipe—Sure, wine is divine, but mix it up a little with a fun fruity, beach drink. Try www.thebar.com if you need some inspiration. Mix, sip, and pretend the waves are crashing in front of you.
- Grab a new book—what vacation faux or real is complete without a good book? Curl up, turn off your phone, and escape into another world—preferably a hot and steamy one.
- Try a new polish—it seems simple, but how good do you feel when you look down and see one of the new shades of spring on your nails? Perfect way to start a vacation.
- Make your own soundtrack—if you had to replay a play list all week that defined your vacation, what would it be? Beach? Country? Dance? Reggae? Pull the songs that put a smile on your face and you’re set to travel.
- Go for a walk—if you’re off the coast of somewhere new and beautiful, take it all in. If you’re living it up on your staycation, try to find something new in your surroundings you’ve never seen before. You can always walk with that new soundtrack you just made.
- Buy one new outfit—If you’re going somewhere warm and sunny, lucky you! If not, try bright colors, or florals to perk you up. Don’t have time to hit the mall? I love www.modcloth.com for online ideas.
- Sleep in—it might be a luxury for some, but on vacation it’s a must. Set aside a true spring break day at home and lock the door. Maybe order some room service.
- Get kissed—what goes better with vacations than awesome kisses? Nothing. Find someone cute and pucker up.
T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children and two canine kiddos.
Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on paper. Time Spell
is T.A.’s debut novel, and the first in a series about a very adventurous, clever, and magical girl named Ivy.
T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing or planning her next beach trip.
- See more at: http://www.tafosterauthor.com/about_me/#sthash.kxsHReKf.dpuf
Where to find T.A.:
GIVEAWAY:a Rafflecopter giveaway
T.A. Foster also has a super fun giveaway going on until tomorrow (the 21st). What's your spring break destiny?
Find out on T.A.'s Facebook page
. Post your destiny and enter to win an e-copy of London Falling