January 15, 2015

Top Ten of 2014: Adult Romance


In no particular order, here are my favourite Adult Romance books I've read this year. . .

CONTEMPORARY:
  1. Grace Grows by Shelle Summers (Sweet, smart, emotional, swoony, sexy. Also: heroine in publishing, hero's a rock star)
  2. Lead by Kylie Scott (Speaking of rock stars... I love this series, and this book is probably my favourite of the bunch)
  3. Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven (This is like an NA/contemp romance hybrid, and I adoreeee it. Stage actors meet in drama school)
  4. Back to You by Priscilla Glenn (A wonderful second chance romance type of story)
  5. The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins (I went on a Kristan Higgins binge this year, so I had a hard time narrowing it down. I chose this one because I love the idea of it being so right with the supposedly wrong guy)

HISTORICAL:
  1. The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn (I mean, I could have filled this whole list with the Bridgerton books, so congratulate me for cutting it down to two. Again, love the idea that you can be so wrong about who you think is right for you)
  2. To Sir Phillip With Love by Julia Quinn (Absolutely love a romance started in letters, and love even better that the hero is completely unappealing at first)
  3. The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley (This whole series is wonderful, but this was probably my favourite. Tortured hero re-meets a plucky heroine with whom he has massive chemistry)
  4. A Duke of Her Own by Eloisa James (No suprise, I also had an Eloisa James read-a-thon, and there are so many I could have chosen. I loved the redeeming of Villiers, and how the author didn't make him suddenly perfect)
  5. Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas (Love this whole series, but absolutely adored the mistaken identity and SWOON of this one)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Hathaways series, too :) Although my lib only has 3 of them so still need to get the other 2. Love in the afternoon is my fave from it so far as well :)

    I've been curious about Bad Romeo ~ might have to give it a try although I am not entirely sure it is my thing :) Loved looking at this list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...