October 7, 2010

Privilege #4: Sweet Deceit by Kate Brian

Release Date: June 10, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 208
Review Source: Library


Synopsis: (from Goodreads)
Kate Brian's Privilege series shows what happens when the really rich and the really crazy will do anything to get what they want.

My Thoughts:
This series amazes me, because somehow Kate Brian makes you feel sympathy for the character of Ariana, which you would think would be impossible. Even more amazing is how you can feel sympathy for Ariana in the Privilege series, yet hate her while reading Reed's perspective in the Private books. This book is mostly about Ariana and Kaitlynn's quest to become members of the Stone and Grave secret society, and all the things they're willing to do to be accepted. If you've read the previous books in this series, you know that they're willing to do a heck of a lot.

It amazes me how Ariana seems so normal sometimes, but then you realize (once again) how absolutely twisted she is. I love how Kate has managed to write another series with funny and likable characters, and interesting plot lines with the most amazing twists and turns. I was kept guessing until the end what would happen, and the very last part of the book? I don't think anyone could have seen that coming. These books are quick reads (I read this in a couple of hours), but they're really amazing. I would definitely recommend this series, and the Private series, to those who enjoy stories about rich kids but who also like some mystery, intrigue, and substance in their fiction.

Rating:


Find Sweet Deceit by Kate Brian on Goodreads, Book Depository, & Amazon.ca

2 comments:

  1. I've yet to start the series, but it sounds like a quick entertaining read...great review, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! =)

    I like the Private books better, but these are good too... they're such quick reads, but they're crazy and awesome at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...