January 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (5)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers feature upcoming book releases that they're looking forward to.

This week I'm eagerly anticipating...


The Indigo Spell
by Richelle Mead


Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: February 12, 2013

Synopsis (from Goodreads):
In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.


Add it on Goodreads.

I really need more Sydney/Adrian in my life pronto. That's all I can coherently say, because I'm basically flailing in anticipation for this one.

16 comments:

  1. I need to start reading this series! I loved the VA series and Adrian was one of my absolute favourite characters, too. Perhaps I should bump this series up on my list so I can wait for this one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely!! It is a lot of fun, and a great companion series because you have the crossover characters, but it's still a lot different from VA.

      Delete
  2. I've never read this series but I do like this cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great series! Richelle Mead is amazing and her stuff is so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series so much. I can not wait to read The Indigo Spell. Fab pick and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep! I am SO excited for this one too - especially after that ending! Awesome pick, Ashley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confession: I haven't started this series yet! I keep meaning to, but there are a million books on my TBR. I never read the Vampire Academy, and I want to start that too!

    Stop by my WoW.

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should DEFINITELY pick up the VA books. I held off for so long, but once I started reading them I was addicted. They were not my typical reads at ALL and yet I adored them.

      Delete
  7. With each book that comes out, I like this series a little more. At first, I think I was too caught up with how different Sydney is as a narrator than Rose. But after how things ended with her and Adrian, I have to read the Indigo Spell to see what happens with them!

    My WoW this week is The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Sydney is a tough cookie... I love how different she is, but she's definitely harder to like because of all the things she's grown up with. I like that about her, though... she's experiencing things and learning that what she was taught might not be right.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goody goodness! I can NOT WAIT for this book to come out. I need some more Adrian in my life!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cringe! I've never read anything by this author. I need to change that. Thanks for sharing

    My WOW is here

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, definitely change that!! She is a FAB writer. =D Don't feel bad though, it's only been a couple (or a few?) years since I've read any of her stuff.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...