July 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (26)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers feature upcoming book releases that they're looking forward to.

This week I'm eagerly anticipating...

This Song Will Save Your Life
by Leila Sales

Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Release Date: September 17, 2013
Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.
Add to Goodreads

I'm cheating a bit, because I've actually read this one already, but I want to put it on everyone's radar. Guys, this book is SO GOOD. It's such a powerful and emotional anthem about discovering your self-worth.

10 comments:

  1. A FANTASTIC book!! So worth waiting for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too! Can't wait to own a copy in hardcover. Definitely WoW worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw this one on netgalley! It sounds really good, and your recommendation definitely makes me want to read it.
    New GFC follower!

    Here's my WOW post .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really good! I love the cover and I can't wait for it to finally be released. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure about this one, even though the title is intriguing. Since you loved it so much, though, I may consider adding it to my TBR pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very excited about this one-I've enjoyed Sales' two previous books and I hope to love this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...