May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogger Interview





This post is part of my week-long participation in Armchair BEA 2011.




button1

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Jacinda and Jasmine from The Reading Housewives of Indiana.



What inspired you to start blogging?
I, Jacinda, was reading and following blogs for about a year before I actually started the blog with my sister. I always thought blogging sounded nice, but I was way to nervous to start my own. Many people I talked to on Twitter thought I was already a blogger, but of course I wasn't. In December of 2010, but sister kept telling me I needed to start a book blog. I told her the only way I would start a blog was if she were to do it with me. In January of 2011, The Reading Housewives of Indiana was born.

What is one piece of blogging advice you wish you had known when you started?
BLOG FOR YOU! Blog about what you would want to read. You'll be more comfortable with blogging if you write reviews or anything else if you'd want to read it yourself. Also, try not to let what any other bloggers or authors say upset you. This one is a tough to get past, because we put so much time and effort into blogging and when someone says something hurtful, it can be hard not to let it bother you.

You recently co-hosted Sarah Dessen Week on your blog. If you had to pick one favourite of her books, which would it be?
Jacinda: The Truth About Forever for the story, but my favorite boy in all of her books would have to be Dexter from This Lullaby.
Jasmine: This Lullaby...It's the only one I've read. :)

What is your favourite type of book or genre to read and review?
Jacinda: I read mainly young adult books. I do read an occasional adult paranormal/urban fantasy or a romance novel. I really enjoy contemporary and dysopian.
Jasmine: I only have read YA so far...I can't think of an adult book that I've read. Haha. I usually stick to more paranormal YA, but I do have some favorite contemporary and dystopian as well!

If you could be BFFs with any fictional character, who would you pick?
Jacinda: Sophie from the Hex Hall series. Sophie is hilarious and fun to be around, so I know she'd always be there when I needed a pick me up. I have a feeling Jasmine might want to chose the same character. Sorry Jasmine!
Jasmine: I was thinking about picking Sophie, but I knew Jacinda would pick her! :) I would probably have to say Evie from Paranormalcy...She's so funny and witty. I think we'd get along just great!

What do you do when you’re not blogging? What are some of your hobbies/interests?
Jacinda: When I'm not blogging, I'm dealing with my husband, 2 kids, and 3 pets. Even without blogging, I feel like I have enough to do since my kids are fairly young, 3 & 4. I enjoy baking, but without the clean-up. I do an occasional craft project and I enjoy watching sports whenever I get the chance and going to baseball games. GO WHITE SOX!
Jasmine: That's a good question...I really enjoy spending time with my husband. We like watching movies--when we can decide on one. :) I also love to swim, even though I don't get to do it often! I used to play softball and would really love to get back into it!

What is something that most people would be surprised to learn about you?
Jacinda: I’m afraid of heights to the point where I will not stay in a hotel room above the 7th floor or drive in mountains unless it’s at night and I cannot tell I'm in the mountains. I dislike milk and anything banana or coconut flavored so I’m limited on my cocktail choices.
Jasmine: Even though right now I'm a housewife and don't get out much, I'd LOVE to travel the world. My dream would be to at least visit every continent once...Well, maybe not Antarctica. :)

I know it’s tough, but what are your Top 5 Favourite Books? (They can be all-time faves, recent faves, or a mixture.)
Jacinda: Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta, The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson, Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols, Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott, and I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
Jasmine: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Anna and the French Kiss, Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Thanks so much for answering my questions, ladies! It seems that we have very similar taste in books. =)

You can also check out eclectic/eccentric today, where Trisha will be posting an interview featuring moi. I had a lot of fun answering her questions!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for interviewing us! Such great questions! Plus I found a great blog in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview! I am a new follower of Jasmine and Jacinda's blog and loving it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacinda and Jasmine sound like really neat people! These are some awesome questions. And I agree with both of them, I'd be friends with Sophie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! And great questions! Their close relationship really shines through with their answers.

    Thanks for participating in our round-robin interviews! They are randomly assigned, so one of my favorite things is seeing who gets matched up with whom. Sometimes the bloggers are complete opposites, and others find a ton of similarities. I hope you had fun and were able to make some new blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! I follow Jacinda and Jasmine and participated in Sarah Dessen week which was so much fun, they did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am an armchair bea participant! Love getting to know you all! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...