August 14, 2012

Top Ten Book Romances


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The Real World (outside the book)

1. Zachary/Aura from Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready:
These two were the first couple I thought of. EPIC SWOON. They were a slow burn, and they worked hard to be together, and they absolutely translate to the real world.

2. Anne/Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery:
I mean, OBVIOUSLY. These two have clearly been meant to be since the chalkboard incident.

3. Anna/Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
They are each others homes. They protect each other, and they are best friends. It doesn't get more real than that.

4. Violet/Jay from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting:
They would definitely make it long term in the real world because they understood and loved each other as friends before becoming something more.

5. Wes/Macy from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen:
I could see a lot of Dessen couples working, but especially these two. They've already been through tough situations and they know how to communicate and to appreciate and hold on to the good in their lives.

6. Adam/Mia from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman:
Talk about going through a lot. These two made their way back to each other, and their passion and shared history would keep them going.

7. Jordan/Sam Henry from Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally:
I'm clearly a sucker for BFF love, because I see Jordan and Henry lasting outside the book. They know and understand one another, and they just fit.

8. Taylor/Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta:
SO MUCH. Close to the end of the book Hannah asks why they have to be so intense/serious about each other, and it's like they just have to be. Taylor and Jonah are already bound together by more than their feelings... it's their experiences, and the deep emotion that comes with them.

9. Amy/Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson:
I absolutely see a HEA for these two. They became friends and bonded so deeply, and I see both of them working together to make it happen. They know what crappy relationships are like, and they also know how special their connection is.

10. Amy/Jamie from Secret Society Girl series by Diana Peterfreund:
I don't want to say too much because it would really spoil the series, but let's just say that their relationship was a major work in progress, and where it ended up was perfect. This definitely feels real, and I adored them together.

I had so much fun picking these book couples that I could see making it in real life. I love that this week's topic was in honour of Jamie's wedding -- congrats Jamie!

Can't wait to see everyone else's lists so I can swoon some more! ;)


18 comments:

  1. Ooh, some fabulous romances there! Zachary and Aura were definitely a slow burn and very hot. And Jordan and Sam were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Awesome! Totally classic, but I still totally ship them.

      Delete
  3. What is the chalk board incident!! Sounds good, will have to go and read now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll love it. =) You should check out the films with Megan Follows -- they were definitely my gateway drug into the Anne universe.

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks! I really need to pick up Stephanie Perkin's novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! Anna is completely fabulous, and Lola was good as well.

      Delete
  5. Okay, I agree with seven of your ten pairings and the other three I don't claim because I haven't read those books, but since you group them with awesome couples like Jonah and Taylor and Adam and Mia, I feel like I should read their stories.

    Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy and Roger were on my list too! What a coinky dink! Yay, book buds. Eveyone seems to have some sort of Stephanie Perkins book on their list, I have not read anything by her, but I shall pick up a copy tomorrow. Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door? Which one would you prefer?

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola was good, but it doesn't compare with Anna for me. Anna is just pure lovelines... I think I've read it about 4 or 5 times. It's my go-to book if I need cheering up.

      Delete
  7. Totally agree with Anna/Etienne and Anne/Gilbert pairings! Haven't read Catching Jordan yet but from the reviews I've seen I suspect I will like it. Also, I preferred ANNA over LOLA as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy & Roger totally made my list as well! And although I didn't love Jellicoe Road, I totally agree on Jonah & Taylor. I'm still not sure how I feel about Anna & Etienne...I'm thinking I need to do a reread! And I still need to read the rest of these (especially the Shade series, Catching Jordan, and the Body Finder series). Great list!

    My TTT

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to find someone else that put Jay and Violet on their list. I think those two are such an awesome example of a great couple. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHH! What a cool topic! I am totally kicking myself for having not participated in it this week! I LOVE your choices of Aura/ Zach, Adam/ Mia, Jay/ Violet and Etienne/ Anna. And I love that you didn't go with the stereotypical characters like Peeta/Katniss and Jace/Clary! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read so many of them and some of them I actually own! Good to know. I always did love Anne and Gil. Haven't read the book yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read so many of them and some of them I actually own! Good to know. I always did love Anne and Gil. Haven't read the book yet though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment; I appreciate each one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...